Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My files disappeared from the Files

My files, along with parts of the Files App itself, disappeared from one particular iPad (I have several). How do I repair this situation?

iPad (6th gen) WiFi

Posted on Sep 16, 2020 4:01 AM

2 replies

Sep 17, 2020 9:13 AM in response to Magriffe

Hi Magriffe,

​Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities! The Files app is a great way to sync and organize files. We'll be glad to see if we can help out with the issue you're experiencing with missing files.

You mentioned that parts of the Files app are missing. Can you describe what's happening there in detail?

Are you using iCloud to sync your content, third-party sync services, or both?

If the files are only missing on one iPad, you may need to tap Settings > [name] > iCloud, and then make sure that iCloud Drive is on.

If you use third-party syncing services, see if this helps: Use the Files app on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

"Use third-party apps in Files

The Files app lets you add your third-party cloud services — like Box, Dropbox, OneDrive, Adobe Creative Cloud, Google Drive, and more — so that you can access all of your files on all of your devices. The files you keep in iCloud Drive automatically appear in the Files app, but you need to set up your other cloud services to access them in the Files app too.

Add third-party apps

1. Download and set up the third-party cloud app.
  2. Open the Files app.
  3. Tap the Browse tab.
  4. Tap More  > Edit.
  5. Turn on the third-party apps that you want to use in the Files app. 
  6. Tap Done.

If you don't see one of your third-party cloud services in the Files app, check with your cloud provider."

Let us know how it goes.

Cheers.

My files disappeared from the Files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.