Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

smtp server problems with Mail

I've been unable to send emails from my iMac in Apple Mail for 2 weeks, but I've no problems receiving.

Initially, i stopped receiving images from my network video recorder (nvr) sent via my providers mail server, but then nothing was being sent. I've tried every configuration, and those suggested by my provider, but nothing works. My SMTP server still shows as offline in the SMTP server list. I also cannot send mail via Windows 8.1 bootcamp partition, but everything works correctly from my iPhone.

I have backed up my emails, deleted my mail folder in Users/Library, then rebooted and restarted Mail. At this point, all the same Mail accounts return with all the same problems. Is there another folder I should be deleting? I have also re-installed the Catalina supplemental update 10.15.6 via the Apple web site, all to no avail.

Does this sound like an Apple Mail problem or a mail server problem? It all started after my provider migrated to a different Mail Server. I'm at my wits end with my Mail and my Mail host

Tia.

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 16, 2020 6:35 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Sep 16, 2020 7:22 AM in response to mark_1

mark_1 wrote:

Thanks for your response.
Yep, that's what i've read, and I have done it. I deleted all my mail accounts, and I say, the Mail folder in Macintosh HD/Users/Username/Library, and reinstalled Catalina from the Apple update, but they just keep coming back. I even disconnected the ssd that my emails were backed up on in case it was somehow reading the info from there.
Do you know if there's another Mail folder that stores account info that needs deleting

And who is your mail provider(?) is the Apple mail account (@iCloud)...

If this is a third party email provider— I would contact their support for server issues and SMTP

For Apple mail server: https://www.apple.com/support/systemstatus/

Currently I see no issue here.

for ongoing issue with Apple mail Call Customer Support  (800) MYAPPLE (800–692–7753) 

Sep 16, 2020 7:03 AM in response to leroydouglas

Thanks for your response.

Yep, that's what i've read, and I have done it. I deleted all my mail accounts, and I say, the Mail folder in Macintosh HD/Users/Username/Library, and reinstalled Catalina from the Apple update, but they just keep coming back. I even disconnected the ssd that my emails were backed up on in case it was somehow reading the info from there.

Do you know if there's another Mail folder that stores account info that needs deleting

smtp server problems with Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.