Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone and Photos

Every time I connect my iPhone to my MacBook, it automatically opens Photos. I cannot shut Photos down to work on anything else because it keeps re-opening.

How do I stop this from happening?

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on Sep 16, 2020 8:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2020 1:04 PM

Hey rlvarady,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

We see from your post that you're having trouble with photos automatically syncing and opening on your MacBook when your iPhone is connected. We can help.

To turn this off, use the steps here:

Keep your photos safely stored and up to date on all of your devices - Apple Support

"Turn off Finder syncing

If you don't want the synced photos on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch anymore, turn off syncing in the Finder and they'll be removed from your device. You can turn off syncing for some of your photo albums or all of them at once.

Stop syncing some albums

1. Open a Finder window and connect your device to your computer using a USB cable. 
  2. Your device appears in the sidebar of the Finder window. Click the device to select it.
  3. If prompted, trust your device.
  4. Click the Photos tab below your device's information.
  5. Choose "Selected albums" and deselect the albums or collections that you want to stop syncing.
  6. Click Apply.

Stop syncing all photos

1. Open a Finder window and connect your device to your computer using a USB cable. 
  2. Your device appears in the sidebar of the Finder window. Click the device to select it.
  5. Deselect "Sync Photos" then click "Remove photos."
  6. Click Apply."

Cheers!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 17, 2020 1:04 PM in response to rlvarady

Hey rlvarady,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

We see from your post that you're having trouble with photos automatically syncing and opening on your MacBook when your iPhone is connected. We can help.

To turn this off, use the steps here:

Keep your photos safely stored and up to date on all of your devices - Apple Support

"Turn off Finder syncing

If you don't want the synced photos on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch anymore, turn off syncing in the Finder and they'll be removed from your device. You can turn off syncing for some of your photo albums or all of them at once.

Stop syncing some albums

5. Choose "Selected albums" and deselect the albums or collections that you want to stop syncing.
  6. Click Apply.

Stop syncing all photos

5. Deselect "Sync Photos" then click "Remove photos."
  6. Click Apply."

Cheers!

iPhone and Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.