Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

a red tiny dot on MacBook Pro screen

I recently bought a MacBook Pro 2019 or 20 I don't recall the exact model and I noticed I have a tiny red dot on the middle of the screen, the thing is that when I open the MacBook there isn't a dot, it appears only after like 10 mins and idk what to do, you can clearly see it in a black screen but in a white screen you cannot really see it, any ideas what is it?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Sep 16, 2020 12:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 16, 2020 6:04 PM

Other than a tiny red dot, not really.

At one time in the distant past Apple published guidelines for what they considered an "acceptable" amount of what were referred to as "dead pixels". Improvements in display technology obviated that need, so we shouldn't encounter them any more. If you are concerned about it definitely contact Apple Support: Contact Support. They might need to visually inspect the Mac to determine if they consider it a defect or not.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 16, 2020 6:04 PM in response to okas17

Other than a tiny red dot, not really.

At one time in the distant past Apple published guidelines for what they considered an "acceptable" amount of what were referred to as "dead pixels". Improvements in display technology obviated that need, so we shouldn't encounter them any more. If you are concerned about it definitely contact Apple Support: Contact Support. They might need to visually inspect the Mac to determine if they consider it a defect or not.

Sep 16, 2020 6:01 PM in response to okas17

Sounds like a stuck pixel. If you are still within the return window then do so since Apple won't replace the display for a single stuck pixel. If there is a group of stuck pixels, then you can have Apple or an AASP examine it to see if it would qualify for a warranty replacement. Apple and other OEMs usually only replace Displays when there are a certain number of defective pixels.

You can try running some type of changing graphic to see if it can unstick the pixel. Sometimes a quickly changing/flashing graphic/video can get a pixel unstuck. Another possibility is to gently rub the area of the LCD to see if gently massaging the area can reset the pixel. You need to be extremely careful as you could damage the LCD

a red tiny dot on MacBook Pro screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.