Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Red Dot Atop Mac's Screen

A Red-Dot Atop Window:

One dot is showing up occasionally on my screen. It is typically red-in-color. I've seen it be green or blue even.

How it Vanishes:

It vanishes when I open a window atop it, or when I maneuver a my window down that it lays already lays atop.

View the below images. There are two windows open. It lays atop the back window.

Anyone else having this issue?

• Image 1: Zoomed in to see the dot (laying atop the back window):

• Full Mac (With an Arrow Pointing at it. Zoom in to see it):

Posted on Dec 20, 2020 11:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 22, 2020 8:02 PM

Hello TheLittles. It appears you are having some difficulty with a pixel anomaly on a MacBook Pro.

You may find this helpful:

About LCD display pixel anomalies for Apple products released in 2010 and later

Cheers.

6 replies

Dec 23, 2020 5:15 AM in response to sterling r

sterling r Said:

"Hello TheLittles. It appears you are having some difficulty with a pixel anomaly on a MacBook Pro. You may find this helpful: About LCD display pixel anomalies for Apple products released in 2010 and later Cheers."

-------

This will be Looked at:

Thank you for that link. I contacted Apple. They will have a look at it. It's been occurring since I got it back from being serviced on the 15th - a little more than a week ago now. So, they will be having a look at it.

Red Dot Atop Mac's Screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.