Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos in iCloud folder not showing in iCloud account.

I'm in the process of switching to iPhone/iCloud. I have all my photos on my PC and have downloaded iCloud from the Microsoft Store. The iCloud folder is showing 4870 photos, but my iPhone only shows 1575 items.

I have verified that the items are in JPEG format. iCloud shows in my notification tray as up to date. I'm not sure what else to do.

iPhone 7, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 16, 2020 1:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 18, 2020 8:08 AM

I was able to resolve it myself. I think I overwhelmed iCloud by trying to transfer my entire library at once. I disabled OneDrive, uninstalled iCloud, reinstalled iCloud, and am transferring my pictures a chunk at a time. Doing it this way, the photos I transfer upload almost instantaneously to iCloud.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 18, 2020 8:08 AM in response to nkemp1990

I was able to resolve it myself. I think I overwhelmed iCloud by trying to transfer my entire library at once. I disabled OneDrive, uninstalled iCloud, reinstalled iCloud, and am transferring my pictures a chunk at a time. Doing it this way, the photos I transfer upload almost instantaneously to iCloud.

Sep 18, 2020 8:31 AM in response to nkemp1990

Hello Nkemp1990,

It sounds like you were in the process of migrating all your photos from your PC to iCloud, and the iCloud folder is showing 4870 photos but your iPhone only shows 1575 items.

Please check out the information in: Get help with iCloud Photos

Specifically the section that states:

As long as your iPhone is signed into the same Apple ID as the iCloud account you have uploaded your photos to, "You can see if a photo or video has uploaded to iCloud when you open the Photos app and view your library in Moments. Your upload status is at the bottom of the menu. You can also find photos and videos from your Photos Library that haven't been uploaded to iCloud in a smart album on your Mac."

You may also find the information and steps outlined in the following article helpful:

If your iCloud Photos aren't loading on your PC - Apple Support

We appreciate you reaching out to Apple Support Communities.

Be well!

Photos in iCloud folder not showing in iCloud account.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.