Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud for Windows Photos Upload

I have recently moved to apple and purchased icloud storage so I got an export of my photos library from google photos, installed windows 10 icloud sync app, and copied the old photos into icloud photos folder which kicked off the upload of these photos. I had over 20gb of photos so it took a while but slowly all photos were marked as having been uploaded and I was happy.

The day after I searched for a particular photo and couldn’t find it.. at first i thought it wasn’t exported by google but it was there, then I checked the icloud photos folder in windows and I actually found it there and marked as though it had been uploaded.. icloud storage also shows 13gb total storage used on photos when i clearly had over 20gb old photos only (excluding photos I have taken on my iphone even since the switch)

has anyone experienced this? Or maybe know what to try/check next? At this point I dont know which of the photos have actually uploaded or not :/

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Jan 24, 2021 8:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2021 10:06 AM

For all that is worth I have managed to get to the bottom of this myself. Basically I have found that the “icloud photos” service keeps closing and sync stops. When this happens it seems as though there is nothing left to sync. To get it to start again you can click on the icloud icon in the system tray and click open icloud settings. Doing just this will re-start the icloud photos process - you can see it come up in task manager

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 25, 2021 10:06 AM in response to Fallakka86

For all that is worth I have managed to get to the bottom of this myself. Basically I have found that the “icloud photos” service keeps closing and sync stops. When this happens it seems as though there is nothing left to sync. To get it to start again you can click on the icloud icon in the system tray and click open icloud settings. Doing just this will re-start the icloud photos process - you can see it come up in task manager

iCloud for Windows Photos Upload

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.