Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

First generation apple tv hdmi cable

What hdmi cable do.I need for a first generation appletv

Posted on Sep 16, 2020 1:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 16, 2020 2:03 PM

Are you dead certain it is a first generation, not too many of those still alive. I'd recomennd looking over Identify your Apple TV model. If you have a 2nd to 4K unit a high quality HDMI cable like:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/rocketfish-4-4k-ultrahd-hdr-in-wall-rated-hdmi-cable-black/3720002.p?skuId=3720002

is recommended. Yes the quality of the cable makes a difference.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 16, 2020 2:03 PM in response to themom182

Are you dead certain it is a first generation, not too many of those still alive. I'd recomennd looking over Identify your Apple TV model. If you have a 2nd to 4K unit a high quality HDMI cable like:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/rocketfish-4-4k-ultrahd-hdr-in-wall-rated-hdmi-cable-black/3720002.p?skuId=3720002

is recommended. Yes the quality of the cable makes a difference.

Sep 17, 2020 2:03 PM in response to themom182

Happy to help, Apple TV's come up for sale on Apple's refurbished store. If you are in the US, you can find the link to that store at www.apple.com at the bottom of the page. The good news is that Apple refurbished products have no down side other than they sell out very quickly so you have to check often and buy when what you want is available. The upside of Apple refurbished are:

• Identical to new
  • Covered by the same 1 year warranty as a new product
  • Eligible for AppleCare to extend the warranty period
  • Can save $$

When the opportunity is there and I have the need I always buy Apple refurbished products.

BTW, Apple TV's make great presents too.

First generation apple tv hdmi cable

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.