Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ios14 - editing app library

I see the value of the App Library, but with the volume of apps I have and use often, I'd like the ability to edit it. It's auto placement into certain categories isn't helpful for many of the apps I use.

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Sep 16, 2020 6:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2020 6:32 AM

You can already edit the regular home screens to whatever layout you want. The gallery is an automatic view, and an alphabetized view to offer a different way to find Apps.

Does not make much sense to edit it to match your home screen view.

You can already make folders with specific apps in the normal home screen view.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 17, 2020 6:32 AM in response to steve24seven

You can already edit the regular home screens to whatever layout you want. The gallery is an automatic view, and an alphabetized view to offer a different way to find Apps.

Does not make much sense to edit it to match your home screen view.

You can already make folders with specific apps in the normal home screen view.

Sep 18, 2020 9:51 AM in response to steve24seven

steve24seven wrote:

I see the value of the App Library, but with the volume of apps I have and use often, I'd like the ability to edit it. It's auto placement into certain categories isn't helpful for many of the apps I use.

This is the first iteration of this feature. I suspect, over time, Apple will make changes. You should let them know what you'd like to see.

Product Feedback - Apple

Sep 18, 2020 9:36 AM in response to Phil0124

Well, I’m not thinking I want to replicate the home screen, but instead to utilize some of the cool display features in the app library to organize those views a bit more to my liking.

In the app library, I do like the category icon visual display with three bigger apps and the smaller ones linking to the complete list..

I like that in the app library when you’re going into a folder it contains all the apps in that folder in one continuous swipe as opposed to side swiping in a folder.

main gripe is that categories that Apple has lumped everything into don’t make sense for me to find anything. And often times when I need an app I don’t remember the name of it so the Search function isn’t too helpful. For example if I knew my app was in a app library folder called creation and I had all my font abs and layout apps there might be able to scroll through it and find it immediately visually.

That said, I guess I’ll just continue using my home screen .. sigh

ios14 - editing app library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.