Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Check Apple Pencil Battery Level

How do I see the Apple Pencil Battery Level in iPadOS 14 on my iPad?

on ipadOS 13 I could see it in the Today view in a widget. The widget can’t be added back

Even when I plug it into my iPad I can’t see what level it’s at. Aside from having to look in settings, was hoping to see it on my Home Screen.

1st Gen Pencil

Thanks

iPad Air 3 WiFi, Cellular

Posted on Sep 16, 2020 9:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2020 12:00 AM

Vancouver22 wrote:
Or would the green ring not be a full ring? I just charged the pencil

Right. Just like the ring for the iPad itself, the green ring would be incomplete if the pencil was not fully charged.

12 replies

Sep 16, 2020 10:37 PM in response to markwmsn

thanks for your response. It’s just not the same at all. It was a battery icon with percentage. It never needed to be connected to show the level. It just had to be nearby.

If I connect it, I still can’t see how much.

It will show my pencil but not the percentage I have left

if I put my pencil away, my iPad shows the charge level

I just get this

Or would the green ring not be a full ring? I just charged the pencil

Sep 17, 2020 8:37 AM in response to AKRBTN

Would you care to explain how please. These are the two choices I can figure out:

First one shows just the ipad and %:

As soon as I add the pencil, the display changes to this automatically (and I cannot find any way to change that):

I also cannot find a way to get a small unintrusive display - it is BIG and SPLASHY (tacky).

Sep 16, 2020 11:04 PM in response to Vancouver22

I agree; I cannot see the battery level. I can see a tiny little charge sign in that circle (I guess to show that it is charging, which is irrelevant = you plug it in > it charges.

Another unnecessary "feature".

Aside from that, I wish Father Apple would not assume that I want all of those widgets. I'd rather add than having to spend 20 minutes trying to get rid of them - I finally did.

Check Apple Pencil Battery Level

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.