Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sync issues

"There are purchased items on the iphone that have not been transferred to your Itunes Library.

You should these items to your Itunes library before updating this iphone. Are you sure you want to continue"

i am getting this pop up and I am worried if I click on continue if all the data in my iphone/ipad will be erased? If I just want to updte my software and nothing else Can I proceed with continue and update my device? Or is it mandatory to transfer purchases to update? Any data wil be erased if not transfered.

please confirm.

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Sep 16, 2020 11:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2020 9:39 AM

Hello stanlysarath8143,

Thanks for that info and for choosing the Apple Support Communities. If we understand correctly, you are seeing a message when syncing your iPhone, as you get a message about purchased items on your iPhone. The good news is this will not erase any info on your iPhone no matter which option you choose, and you can download past purchases directly on your Mac, and here is more info:

Redownload apps, music, movies, TV shows, and books

Cheers!

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 19, 2020 9:39 AM in response to stanlysarath8143

Hello stanlysarath8143,

Thanks for that info and for choosing the Apple Support Communities. If we understand correctly, you are seeing a message when syncing your iPhone, as you get a message about purchased items on your iPhone. The good news is this will not erase any info on your iPhone no matter which option you choose, and you can download past purchases directly on your Mac, and here is more info:

Redownload apps, music, movies, TV shows, and books

Cheers!

Sync issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.