Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Buying an iPhone and take it outside of the states

Hey,

My friend is flying to Florida soon so I asked her to buy me an iPhone 11 128GB at the apple store.

I currently live in Israel, and I wanted to know if she should buy me a specific model of the iPhone 11 (sim-free I guess?) and will it work here in Israel when she brings it to me?

Thank You :)

Posted on Sep 17, 2020 12:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2020 12:10 AM

An iPhone is being built with country-specific hardware, to be used in the country of purchase.

If you buy an iPhone in the USA, not all features might be supported or work in another country, especially if it comes to LTE

iPhone - View countries with supported LTE networks - Apple

Plus, Apple may restrict the warranty for an iPhone for the country of purchase as well.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 17, 2020 12:10 AM in response to Tomer2712

An iPhone is being built with country-specific hardware, to be used in the country of purchase.

If you buy an iPhone in the USA, not all features might be supported or work in another country, especially if it comes to LTE

iPhone - View countries with supported LTE networks - Apple

Plus, Apple may restrict the warranty for an iPhone for the country of purchase as well.

Buying an iPhone and take it outside of the states

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.