Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot log in to some websites safari

Trying to log into my companies home page and absolutely nothing happens when I click the log in button. I can log in using chrome, and on safari on my phone, so it's not the website. Safari updated and since then I cant get on. Any thoughts? I have cleared the cache, deleted history already.

Posted on Sep 17, 2020 2:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2020 2:43 AM

Hi, this is from another person with the same problem, and this was the response:

From your Safari menu bar click Safari / Preferences then select the Autofill tab.

Make sure *user names and passwords* is selected.

Now click the Edit button next to: *Other forms*. Delete all the url's for the sites you have problems logging in to.

Now select the Security tab. Click: *Show Cookies* Delete all cookies related to the sites you are having problems accessing.

Quit Safari. (Command + Q)

Open Keychain Access (Applications/Utilities). Select Passwords on the left.

Delete all the keychains for the sites you have problems logging into.

Relaunch Safari. Navigate to a site you normally login to. Type in your *user name and password*, click Yes when prompted. A new keychain will be created for that site.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 17, 2020 2:43 AM in response to lunachick73

Hi, this is from another person with the same problem, and this was the response:

From your Safari menu bar click Safari / Preferences then select the Autofill tab.

Make sure *user names and passwords* is selected.

Now click the Edit button next to: *Other forms*. Delete all the url's for the sites you have problems logging in to.

Now select the Security tab. Click: *Show Cookies* Delete all cookies related to the sites you are having problems accessing.

Quit Safari. (Command + Q)

Open Keychain Access (Applications/Utilities). Select Passwords on the left.

Delete all the keychains for the sites you have problems logging into.

Relaunch Safari. Navigate to a site you normally login to. Type in your *user name and password*, click Yes when prompted. A new keychain will be created for that site.

Sep 17, 2020 11:11 PM in response to lunachick73

Do you keep any favourite sites in the Favourites bar in Safari? If so, are they showing?

If you have any Favourite sites in the Favourites bar, and they are not showing, click on View in the tool bar. If Show Favourites bar is shown in the drop down menu, click on that, and all your favourite sites should show like this below the URL window.

When I click on all but the Apple Communities, they will show up as already logged in.

Cannot log in to some websites safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.