Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t pair Apple Watch to IOS 14

Has any one he problem with connecting an Apple Watch to iOS 14?

It asks me to update software, but my iPhone already has the latest.....

I can’t get past this step, tried it on two different phones and same problem with this iOS.

Apple Watch

Posted on Sep 17, 2020 3:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2020 4:17 PM

Hello Doc_jm,

Thank you for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. We understand that your iPhone is updated to iOS 14, but you're unable to successfully update your Apple Watch.

It's important to have a seamless experience in updating the software. We'll be happy to help.

To help troubleshoot this behavior, we recommend to power off both the iPhone and the Apple Watch. Once both devices are powered off, please turn on each device and attempt to update your Apple Watch. Here's two helpful articles on how to perform each step:

1. Restart your iPhone
  2. How to restart your Apple Watch

In addition, we suggest testing on another good known Wi-Fi network to see if you're able to view the update for your Apple Watch.

Please keep us posted with the results.

Kind regards.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 19, 2020 4:17 PM in response to Doc_jm

Hello Doc_jm,

Thank you for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. We understand that your iPhone is updated to iOS 14, but you're unable to successfully update your Apple Watch.

It's important to have a seamless experience in updating the software. We'll be happy to help.

To help troubleshoot this behavior, we recommend to power off both the iPhone and the Apple Watch. Once both devices are powered off, please turn on each device and attempt to update your Apple Watch. Here's two helpful articles on how to perform each step:

1. Restart your iPhone
  2. How to restart your Apple Watch

In addition, we suggest testing on another good known Wi-Fi network to see if you're able to view the update for your Apple Watch.

Please keep us posted with the results.

Kind regards.

Sep 21, 2020 7:18 AM in response to Doc_jm

Doc_jm,

We appreciate you for getting back to us and for verifying that information.

There are additional steps available to see if you can pair the Apple Watch to your iPhone running the latest iOS version. Please follow each step that's listed and test to see if you can pair the Apple Watch to your iPhone. Here are the steps:

1. Verify that the date and time on your iPhone matches with your time zone. To verify that please go to Settings > General > Date & Time.
  2. Please make sure that your iPhone is not connected to a VPN network, as this can interfere with the ability to pair your Apple Watch.
  3. Delete and reinstall the Apple Watch app on your iPhone: How to delete apps on your iPhone, iPad, and ipOd touch
  4. Temporarily disconnect any Bluetooth accessories connected to your iPhone.
  5. Reset the network settings on your iPhone by going to: Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. Just to let you know this also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you've used before.

Please let us know if these steps help.

Cheers.

Sep 20, 2020 2:46 AM in response to raina_b22

Thank you for your reply.

as simple as the fix may seem to Apple, I can assure you that I’m all over those step, I have restarted both devices over 20 times. And this is NOT the issue.

my Wi-Fi is perfect and it’s not the issue also.

now you suggest to update the Apple Watch, but this is not possible if they can’t pair in the first place....this is common sense.

I can assure you this is an issue with your firmware! And not an issue of resetting.

I suggest perhaps looking on your end, and help thousands of users going through the same issue worldwide.

thanks

Can’t pair Apple Watch to IOS 14

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.