Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not hearing caller after update to iOS14

Yesterday on iOS 13.7 I was normally using my phone. I upgraded my phone to iOS 14 today and it occurred that I am unable to hear the caller until I will switch my phone to speaker or connect headphones.

I performed reset of my device to defaults but this didn't help. Next I figured out that I will restore my phone from my Mac, but this didn't solve my issue either.

I of course checked that my phone is not on silent mode, and I am sure that there is no screen protector etc. which is blocking the speaker. I also checked speaker volume and moved it from the lowest to the highest several times (from the settings and in the phone call).

Is there anything else that I do to solve my issue?

iPhone XR

Posted on Sep 17, 2020 3:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2020 11:20 AM

Issue resolved.

I found that when I have enabled setting: Control noise cancellation on iPhone which is under Settings > Accessibility > Audio/Visual, then I hear no sound during the calls. When I turned off above functionality then I started hearing voice during the calls.

Honestly, I don't know if I had this function enabled before upgrading to iOS 14, but I really don't mind if it is turned off.

For details regarding mentioned setting - https://support.apple.com/guide/iphone/audio-visual-iph3e2e2cdc/ios .

I have hope that I helped other people struggling with the same problem.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 24, 2020 11:20 AM in response to krzysztofg

Issue resolved.

I found that when I have enabled setting: Control noise cancellation on iPhone which is under Settings > Accessibility > Audio/Visual, then I hear no sound during the calls. When I turned off above functionality then I started hearing voice during the calls.

Honestly, I don't know if I had this function enabled before upgrading to iOS 14, but I really don't mind if it is turned off.

For details regarding mentioned setting - https://support.apple.com/guide/iphone/audio-visual-iph3e2e2cdc/ios .

I have hope that I helped other people struggling with the same problem.

Not hearing caller after update to iOS14

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.