Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I’m following the article to delete imesssage apps, but it will not let me delete only remove from favorites. Is there another way to delete iMessage apps

I have followed the instructions to delete iMessage apps, but I only have the option to remove from favorites. Is there another way to delete specific iMessage apps from my iPhone other than to compose new message, go to the iMessage app menu, slide the app to the left to delete? When I follow those steps it will only allow me to remove the app from favorites.

I will be grateful for the support. Thank you

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Sep 17, 2020 5:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2020 4:24 PM

Hey ButterflySpasm,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

We see from your post that you're having trouble deleting iMessage apps. We can help.

Once you've removed the app from favorites it will be displayed under ''MORE APPS'' on that list. That's where you can find the app you want to delete, swipe left and delete:

Use iMessage apps on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Cheers!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 19, 2020 4:24 PM in response to ButterflySpasm

Hey ButterflySpasm,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

We see from your post that you're having trouble deleting iMessage apps. We can help.

Once you've removed the app from favorites it will be displayed under ''MORE APPS'' on that list. That's where you can find the app you want to delete, swipe left and delete:

Use iMessage apps on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Cheers!

I’m following the article to delete imesssage apps, but it will not let me delete only remove from favorites. Is there another way to delete iMessage apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.