Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where is the “Up Next” widget in iOS 14?

What happened to the “Up Next” widget in iOS 14?!

This widget was utilized to see your next alarm and whatever calendar event or reminder was up next, regardless of how many days the reminder was scheduled in the future.

iPhone 8

Posted on Sep 17, 2020 6:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2020 3:08 AM

No, that’s not the Up Next widget.

The large calendar widget still only shows what’s next in Calendar only.

The Up Next widget would combine what was next in Calendar, Reminders and Alarm.

I agree, I have completed the suggestion form. I hope everyone here does too!

147 replies

Oct 17, 2020 4:10 AM in response to Darren1668

APPLE this is my first time comment in the community, because the frustration is so great is enough to push to do so.

BRING BACK THE UP NEXT.

You are not addressing Apple here.

Your great frustration does not alter that reality. We are volunteers and fellow Apple users. We answer techncial support questions, and this one has been answered numerous times.

The feature is gone.

Tell Apple how you feel at the place they want that feedback.

Feedback for Apple goes here >>> http://www.apple.com/feedback/

Dec 17, 2020 8:27 AM in response to Vegaschic702

Vegaschic702 wrote:

are you saying, there’s no way to have this with the new update !?

Yes, that's what people have been saying in the previous 9 pages.

You may want to look at third party widget apps to see if there's one that can replace some or all of the features. Also, third party calendar apps may have widgets that work better for you.

You can also let Apple know your thoughts here:

Product Feedback - Apple

Jan 13, 2021 8:33 AM in response to Jaguar10

Let Apple Know What You Think.

Apple still hasn't addressed this feature we so desperately want back

If you feel the same way, then you can send Apple a Feedback Form requesting for the widget to be restored.

Hopefully, with the multitude of users who have also filled up the form, Apple will restore the widget due to popular demand. 

Here’s how you can complete their feedback form:

1.      First, open up this link so you can head over to Apple’s website.

2.      Next, fill in the necessary personal details, and for the Subject text field, you can type ‘Restore Up Next widget’.

3.      Then, click on the Feedback Type dropdown and select Feature Request.

4.      Now, fill in the Comments section with your opinion regarding the ‘Up Next’ widget.

5.      This is an optional choice but select on iOS 14.2 as the ‘version of iOS you’re currently using’. You can skip the question about the operating system.

6.      Lastly, click on Submit Feedback to submit the form.

With the substantial demand for the restoration of the ‘Up Next’ widget, hopefully, Apple will add it back into the operating system.

Right now, this is the only solution/alternative we have until Apple decides to restore the feature.

Jan 16, 2021 4:01 PM in response to deggie

https://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone_thankyou.html

Bug rather than Feature Request I think.

Prior to iOS 14, the “Up next” widget, showed what is next on a customer’s phone like a calendar event or alarm. Inexplicably in iOS 14, this was improved to calendar events but no longer alarms. I don’t know who considered that a good idea. Whoever is wrong, entirely. For most people on this planet, a wake up alarm comes before the day’s calendar appointments. It was stupid to remove the Alarm from Up Next. Please revert the change that removed it urgently, to revert that basic functionality.

Why was the next alarm removed? Surely from online negatively, can that (very important) decision maker accept they were perhaps mistaken ????

FYI: I write this because I am now on iOS 14.3 and issue never mentioned in upgrade release notes.

Jan 16, 2021 5:01 PM in response to edivilly

edivilly wrote:
I took your advice, okay? 😀

Dec 17, 2020 12:45 PM in response to SGfromrockbourne

Surely over 3000 people looking for / grieving for this widget is enough to warrant at least an acknowledgement?

As has been noted several times, Apple does not respond to specific concerns here in this technical support community.

This is not an Apple support channel.

Feedback for Apple goes here >>> http://www.apple.com/feedback/

Where is the “Up Next” widget in iOS 14?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.