Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV 3rd generation problems after update to software version 7.6

After updating to version 7.6 today, YouTube stopped working normally. When I watch video from YouTube and try to pause it, the Apple TV freezes for a minute and then reboots. Factory reset did not help.

Posted on Sep 17, 2020 10:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2020 9:20 AM

LOL, well good luck waiting for Apple to reply. If you want to actually talk to someone from Apple use AppleCare or make an appointment at your local Apple Authorized Service Provider. Other than that you will not hear from them here and they will not be reading these posts. If you have feedback for Apple you can always contact them at www.apple.com/feedback.

157 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 20, 2020 9:20 AM in response to ivors

LOL, well good luck waiting for Apple to reply. If you want to actually talk to someone from Apple use AppleCare or make an appointment at your local Apple Authorized Service Provider. Other than that you will not hear from them here and they will not be reading these posts. If you have feedback for Apple you can always contact them at www.apple.com/feedback.

Sep 20, 2020 12:59 PM in response to ivors

They don't read these forums, no matter what you think they should do. If you think they should then please let them know, www.apple.com/feedback

Complaining to me and to others on these forums is a waste of your time. If you have feedback for Apple you need to let them know. If I have a complaint about my car, I don't complain about it on a car forum, I contact my dealer and if necessary the customer service department of the manufacturer.

Nov 5, 2020 2:48 AM in response to BMfromV

It's a widely reported issue. Apple hasn't responded as yet, but the more people tell them via their feedback form, the better. I submitted a report yesterday so it would do no harm for you to do the same. They won't respond in person, as it's simply feedback but it's the best way I think to 'encourage' a firmware update. You can submit the information here.

https://www.apple.com/feedback/appletv.html

Nov 23, 2020 2:17 PM in response to Ratzonthefarm

That is NOT a solution. It's telling people to reflash their Apple Hardware with firmware that is stored on unknown 3rd-party servers. Downgrading with this unsanctioned software puts customers safety, the hardware, and Apple iCloud security at risk. In addition, it creates new compatibility problems that further confuse and add to the problems.

For now, the best solution is to set aside your Apple TV 3 from daily use until Apple issues a formal fix that is verified safe ad secure. Also, there is this official link to share your feedback: https://www.apple.com/feedback/appletv.html

Sep 22, 2020 8:32 PM in response to BMfromV

I received a letter from Apple. They deleted my post with my solution to the problem because:

"We removed your post “Apple TV 3rd generation problems after update to software version 7.6” because it discussed inappropriate activities. We understand wanting to share experiences, but these forums are meant for technical questions that can be answered by the community."

This means that someone from Apple is reading what we are writing... :)))

Sep 22, 2020 11:33 PM in response to BMfromV

Of course they do, this is what I was trying to explain to Roger Kaufmann in this thread. I used to work for Microsoft in the SQL Server division and we were encouraged to read the community forums all the time. We didn't answer them - we paid guys in India to do that, but we read them in order to figure out what our end users wanted.

Now if Apple concentrated on the issue itself, instead of the Lukashenko-style censorship, there would be a fixed update by now! ​😆

Sep 23, 2020 12:53 PM in response to BMfromV

I'm trying to download older IPSW file but how do I determine the correct IPSW? I checked the software on my Apple TV 3 and it says 7.6, so I'm thinking there's a 7.5 version I can download to fix the issue. However, when I checked the site where I get list of IPSW, the option for version 7 is only 7.0 and 7.1. The latest version is 8.4.3. Do I miss anything? Thanks in advance

Sep 23, 2020 5:57 PM in response to BMfromV

Watching YouTube on Apple TV 3rd Generation: if you hit pause it freezes and then Apple TV eventually restarts. But also, the entire Apple TV is running really slow and buggy since the update to 7.6.

You'd think they might test these updates before releasing them into the wild and causing their paying customers annoyance. Degrading the user experience is no way to convince us to buy a new Apple TV model.

Thanks, Apple!

Sep 23, 2020 6:30 PM in response to BMfromV

My apple tv3 having the same problem after updated firmware few days ago. Youtube hang by pressing pause. Annoying annoying annoying.

I fixed it by

Download iOS 8.4.3 (12H885) 24th March 2020 from IPSW

Use a USB cable connect it to my imac

Go to Finder

go to Apple TV

Press "Option" and restore the system

After that clear clean blue sky

Apple TV 3rd generation problems after update to software version 7.6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.