Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WiFi turns on automatically

I turn off WiFi in my settings, and the next thing I know it’s turned on automatically. How do I stop this?

(I’m going to settings, then WiFi, then toggling it off.)

iPhone XS

Posted on Sep 17, 2020 10:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2020 11:02 AM

If you turn off Wi-Fi in Settings it should stay off. If you turn it off in Control Center that is not actually turning it off, it just disconnects from the current network. Which you probably know already. But if you turn it off in control center, then turn it off in Settings/Wi-Fi, it will turn back on the next morning.

Do you have Wi-Fi calling enabled? If you do that might be what is causing the issue.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 17, 2020 11:02 AM in response to Cher2437

If you turn off Wi-Fi in Settings it should stay off. If you turn it off in Control Center that is not actually turning it off, it just disconnects from the current network. Which you probably know already. But if you turn it off in control center, then turn it off in Settings/Wi-Fi, it will turn back on the next morning.

Do you have Wi-Fi calling enabled? If you do that might be what is causing the issue.

Sep 17, 2020 11:23 AM in response to Lawrence Finch

PMFJI

Re: “... Do you have Wi-Fi calling ... “

Thanks for this. 👍

I’d always “wondered” why my WiFi always restarted AFTER turning off WiFi in Settings AND turning “off” the phone.

Just tested it!

WiFi Calling “Off” = No WiFi Restart w/ iPhone Restart.

I’m guessing the “why” is related to 911 dialing requirements ... ?

Thanks for resolving another “unknown.” 😉

WiFi turns on automatically

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.