Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to participate in Zoom meetings on my MacBook Pro

HI, My MacBook Pro is not allowing me to participate in Zoom meetings. I cannot get past the little colorful spinning ball. I can hear the meeting going on but they cannot hear or see me. I have to use my teen son's old Lenovo to participate in Zoom meetings. I REALLY want to use my MacBook Pro for this purpose. Please, any help is much appreciated.

Sincerely,

Lyn

[Personal Information Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Sep 17, 2020 11:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2020 11:37 AM

What model of MacBook Pro do you have, and what version of macOS are you running (info is in Apple menu > About this Mac). Zoom requires macOS 10.9 or later.

Also, are you joining from the browser or did you download the app? If the latter, the zoom.us app needs access to your camera and microphone in System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy tab. Access to screen recording may also be needed if you'll be sharing your screen.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 17, 2020 11:37 AM in response to summerstar65

What model of MacBook Pro do you have, and what version of macOS are you running (info is in Apple menu > About this Mac). Zoom requires macOS 10.9 or later.

Also, are you joining from the browser or did you download the app? If the latter, the zoom.us app needs access to your camera and microphone in System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy tab. Access to screen recording may also be needed if you'll be sharing your screen.

Sep 17, 2020 12:17 PM in response to summerstar65

HI, My MacBook Pro is not allowing me to participate in Zoom meetings. I cannot get past the little colorful spinning ball. I can hear the meeting going on but they cannot hear or see me. I have to use my teen son's old Lenovo to participate in Zoom meetings. I REALLY want to use my MacBook Pro for this purpose. Please, any help is much appreciated.

Sincerely,

Lyn

[Personal Information Edited by Moderator]

Unable to participate in Zoom meetings on my MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.