Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I find out if my phone is jail broken

what to know if iPhone is jail broken

Posted on Sep 17, 2020 11:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2020 11:47 AM

There is no easy way to tell. However, to jailbreak it someone who knows how must have physical possession of the phone while it was unlocked for 15-30 minutes. If this is a possibility you need to restore the phone to factory settings and not restore any backup to it; in other words, start over.

See—>Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 17, 2020 11:47 AM in response to andreag83

There is no easy way to tell. However, to jailbreak it someone who knows how must have physical possession of the phone while it was unlocked for 15-30 minutes. If this is a possibility you need to restore the phone to factory settings and not restore any backup to it; in other words, start over.

See—>Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

Sep 17, 2020 12:59 PM in response to andreag83

Most of the time there is no way to tell, however sometimes a tell tale sign is the presence of an application called Cydia, or sometimes unexpected profiles on the device. However the easiest way to tell is, did you let someone else use your device? If you didn't, and didn't actively seek out a jailbreak, then you are fine. The device can not be jailbroken without physical access to the device.

How can I find out if my phone is jail broken

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.