Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have 3 garage doors and was wondering how can I select which door is displayed on CarPlay iOS 14?

i have 3 garages doors and was wondering how can I select which door is displayed on CarPlay?

CarPlay only displays my garage door that I never use with this car, I think it's base on Siri suggestion and when i'm close to my home the button appear in the split view of CarPlay.

it would be nice to be able to select which garage door is displayed.

I'm using iSmartgate device with Homekit for the three doors.

I was hoping this issue will be resolved with iOs 14 but no chance, same issue than iOS 13.

Posted on Sep 17, 2020 1:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2020 6:19 PM

Apple should create a way to tell siri to set the default garage that appears in Carplay, or an ability for us to manually select the one we want in the CarPlay settings.

is there another way currently that i'm missing?

4 replies

Sep 21, 2020 10:11 AM in response to gillesTC

Greetings gillesTC,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities! It seems you're unable to select which garage door is being displayed in CarPlay.

Check out the information in the following article: Use CarPlay with your iPhone - Apple Support

"If you have HomeKit-enabled accessories — like a garage door opener — you can use the Siri suggestions that appear on the CarPlay dashboard, or simply ask Siri to do things like "Open the garage door" when you get close to your house."

Based on the information above, Siri suggestions is selecting the garage door. You can attempt to reconfigure the garage doors you have set or test the behavior by asking Siri to select a door. Additionally, you can leave feedback directly to Apple: Product Feedback - Apple

Kind regards.

I have 3 garage doors and was wondering how can I select which door is displayed on CarPlay iOS 14?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.