Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it worth upgrading the processor on macbook air from i5 to i7?

MacBook Air

Posted on Sep 17, 2020 2:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2020 3:02 PM

It really depends on your need..

If you use some heavy load programs - movie rendition/graphic etc.. i7 might be a good step up.

However, I think users chose MBA - mainly for the portability and light weight -- word processing, web surfing and simple photo editing, music/video streaming ..etc -- that i5 is more than enough.

If you have need power and portability -- MacBook Pro will be another choice. You can put all the specs together and decide which one will fit your need.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 17, 2020 3:02 PM in response to silvo9578

It really depends on your need..

If you use some heavy load programs - movie rendition/graphic etc.. i7 might be a good step up.

However, I think users chose MBA - mainly for the portability and light weight -- word processing, web surfing and simple photo editing, music/video streaming ..etc -- that i5 is more than enough.

If you have need power and portability -- MacBook Pro will be another choice. You can put all the specs together and decide which one will fit your need.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.