Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Explicit lyrics are not showing

Explicit lyrics are not showing although restrictions from screentime are off. The explicit song itself plays just fine but only the clean version shows lyrics. When I long press on an explicit song and tap view full lyrics, it says: To view lyrics containing explicit content go to settings > general and turn off restrictions. (Although the option is not there)

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on Sep 17, 2020 3:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 22, 2020 11:23 PM

I FOUND A SOLUTION GUYS! After 3 months, it’s finally fixed. “Thank you for sharing your issue on apple support communities

If you can play explicit songs but only cant see the lyrics please try these steps and let me the results after you do.

-Close music app in backround

-Open apple books app

-If u dont have download from AppStore

-Search for Oliver Twist book by Charles Dickens

-Open book , you dont need to download, just tap sample button and swipe 10-15 pages

-Then open music app and play explicit song and tap lyrics button , then booom , its a magic 😂 I hope i will work for you. Please let me know your issue , after you try these steps. Take care!”

51 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 22, 2020 11:23 PM in response to FabioTwix

I FOUND A SOLUTION GUYS! After 3 months, it’s finally fixed. “Thank you for sharing your issue on apple support communities

If you can play explicit songs but only cant see the lyrics please try these steps and let me the results after you do.

-Close music app in backround

-Open apple books app

-If u dont have download from AppStore

-Search for Oliver Twist book by Charles Dickens

-Open book , you dont need to download, just tap sample button and swipe 10-15 pages

-Then open music app and play explicit song and tap lyrics button , then booom , its a magic 😂 I hope i will work for you. Please let me know your issue , after you try these steps. Take care!”

Sep 22, 2020 2:20 PM in response to FabioTwix

Have the same problem, on mac and iTunes (win 10) lyrics for explicit songs works fine, just not on my iPhone 11Pro iOS14 GM.(running under the same account)

Lyrics for clean version shows up just fine, also just to mention i went through all the necessary steps and even talked to apple support but they couldn’t solve it. I am just going to unsubscribe from the service by the end of this month if i am not being able to enjoy the features from Apple Music.

Oct 22, 2020 10:12 PM in response to FabioTwix

I’m having the same problem as well. However, i already contacted with Apple support with regards to this issue and their technical team said one of the ways to get around this issue is to go on iTunes Store and preview any explicit song. “Allow” explicit content should be prompted and press “Allow”. Once you have done that, it should resolve the issue.

If it didn’t, don’t worry because Apple is well aware of this problem and might patch the bug in the next iOS update (hopefully).

Explicit lyrics are not showing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.