Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why am i getting error 4000 when trying to update to iOS 14?

Currently on iOS13.6 (iPhone 8). Every time i try to update to iOS 14 (from iTunes or directly from phone), I get an error 4000 and the update fails.

Suggestions to fix please!

Thanks!

iPhone 8, iOS 13

Posted on Sep 17, 2020 3:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 18, 2020 10:00 AM

I have read elsewhere that deactivating your pass code and lock screen will allow the upgrade to occur (no error rec'd). Problem is that this is a corporate issued phone so i don't have ability to deactivate the pass code and lock screen.

APPLE - help please! From the number of posts i see on this topic, this is clearly a problem on your end!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 18, 2020 10:00 AM in response to jeremyf0923

I have read elsewhere that deactivating your pass code and lock screen will allow the upgrade to occur (no error rec'd). Problem is that this is a corporate issued phone so i don't have ability to deactivate the pass code and lock screen.

APPLE - help please! From the number of posts i see on this topic, this is clearly a problem on your end!

Why am i getting error 4000 when trying to update to iOS 14?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.