Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos

Is there any way that I can delete photos from my mac and still access them on my iCloud?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 17, 2020 6:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2020 9:19 PM

Only if you detach your Mac from iCloud Photos. iCloud Photos is a full-fledged synchronization function, not a cloud-only storage function.

If you need to reduce the storage impact on your Mac, consider using the "Optimize Mac Storage" option. The interface will still show all the photos, but some of them may remain as only low-resolution versions until you need the high-resolution original to edit or view enlarged.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 17, 2020 9:19 PM in response to boxoffun

Only if you detach your Mac from iCloud Photos. iCloud Photos is a full-fledged synchronization function, not a cloud-only storage function.

If you need to reduce the storage impact on your Mac, consider using the "Optimize Mac Storage" option. The interface will still show all the photos, but some of them may remain as only low-resolution versions until you need the high-resolution original to edit or view enlarged.

Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.