Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 storage full

Hi all,

My own iPhone broke in pieces and so I am reviving another obsolete phone that has been in the drawers since my wife switched plans. It only has 16GB memory and I try to purge as much from my backup as possible. Majority of the phone's storage is taken up by 'Photo's' and 'Other'. However, there are no photo's on the phone (nor a folder 'recently deleted' or anything like that, not in the app 'Photo's nor in Settings>General>iPhone Storage>Photo's). Neither can I find anything in iTunes, when hooked up to my pc.

It is my main issue with Apple; I don't know where the files are, let alone have any control over them. Can anyone help me find these 4.8GB worth of photo's and how to permanently delete them?

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Sep 17, 2020 8:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 18, 2020 10:01 AM

I figured it out. Go to ‘Files’. Find ‘Recently Deleted’> Browse. Even though the folder looked empty, I noticed that there was a scroll bar on the right. I could click on ‘Select All’ and ‘Delete All’. That did it for photo’s. Now to figure out how to purge ‘Other’.

1 reply

iPhone 6 storage full

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.