Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is the music storage capacity on the current Apple Watch models?

What is the music storage capacity on the current Apple Watch models? I own an Apple Watch 2, which is limited to 2GB music storage. I am hoping the new models do much better, but this information is not available in the Apple Watch specs.

Apple Watch

Posted on Sep 17, 2020 8:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2020 5:22 AM

Hello qatsi.,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

We understand from your post that you would like to know the music capacity of the current Apple Watch models. This information can be found on this page by scrolling down to the bottom and reviewing the information under Features. The latest Apple Watches have a 32 GB capacity.

Apple Watch - Compare Models - Apple

Best Regards.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 22, 2020 5:22 AM in response to qatsi.

Hello qatsi.,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

We understand from your post that you would like to know the music capacity of the current Apple Watch models. This information can be found on this page by scrolling down to the bottom and reviewing the information under Features. The latest Apple Watches have a 32 GB capacity.

Apple Watch - Compare Models - Apple

Best Regards.

Oct 7, 2020 12:17 AM in response to Alwayswantingtohelp1

Thank you for your response. However, it did not answer the question I had. According to the specs for the Apple Watch 6, the TOTAL capacity is 32GB, but that doesn't mean I can add 32GB of MUSIC to it.

I own an Apple Watch Series 2, which has a total capacity of 8GB but is limited to 2GB of music, despite there being several gigabytes free. In other words, there's a limitation imposed by the watchOS software unrelated to the actual physical capacity of the device.

What I want to know is if there is a corresponding limit to the amout of music that can be put on the current Apple Watch models (i.e., Series 6, 5, 3, and SE). If so, where can I find that information, because the specifications do NOT provide this information.

What is the music storage capacity on the current Apple Watch models?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.