Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hide the app from the app library

I don't want to show my app in the app library. How do I do that?

Posted on Sep 17, 2020 9:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2020 1:04 PM

I came across an OK work around. If you goto Settings -> Siri & Search then scroll down and turn off the Suggested App toggle. This hid the app from displaying in the App Library but if you click the category or scroll the library as a list, it was still there. I hope Apple gives us more control over the App Library in an iOS 14 update. In my opinion, this is the most frustrating aspect of the update.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 20, 2020 1:04 PM in response to jackymao8

I came across an OK work around. If you goto Settings -> Siri & Search then scroll down and turn off the Suggested App toggle. This hid the app from displaying in the App Library but if you click the category or scroll the library as a list, it was still there. I hope Apple gives us more control over the App Library in an iOS 14 update. In my opinion, this is the most frustrating aspect of the update.

Sep 27, 2020 1:25 AM in response to jackymao8

I’m already ok at organising my phone screen and apps in folders and I’d rather not have the App Library - it doesn’t offer me any more control or make finding a particular app easier. It seems like bloatware in a way.

Removal/deletion or the option to hide it would be good.

I understand some love it and perhaps they’d suggest I could ‘embrace’ it.

Bit patronising though.

At least I can currently make a folder to put hardly/never used and unremovable apps in and hide that out of the way...

Hide the app from the app library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.