Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Health taking 29.95 petabytes?!

Now this should definitely be impossible. I can’t backup my iPhone to my computer because I don’t have 29.95 PB of space on it. How can I fix this without deleting years worth of health data?

iPhone SE, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 17, 2020 11:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2020 7:58 AM

Hi Kieran Durrie,

Thank you for posting! From your screenshot, we see that your Health app is using an unexpectedly high amount of data. We certainly understand your concern with that, and we're happy to help as much as possible.

To double-check, have you been receiving any notifications about your storage?

How does the overall storage reporting look for your iPhone? How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

What kind of device or devices are you using with the Health app? For example, an Apple Watch, or a third-party fitness tracker?

Did you already update your device to iOS 14, or are you using a version of iOS 13?

Also, are you using iCloud to sync your Health data?

Knowing the answers to the above may help in working out what's happening. Let us know what you find with your overall storage reporting, and the community may be able to further assist.

Take care.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 22, 2020 7:58 AM in response to Kieran Durrie

Hi Kieran Durrie,

Thank you for posting! From your screenshot, we see that your Health app is using an unexpectedly high amount of data. We certainly understand your concern with that, and we're happy to help as much as possible.

To double-check, have you been receiving any notifications about your storage?

How does the overall storage reporting look for your iPhone? How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

What kind of device or devices are you using with the Health app? For example, an Apple Watch, or a third-party fitness tracker?

Did you already update your device to iOS 14, or are you using a version of iOS 13?

Also, are you using iCloud to sync your Health data?

Knowing the answers to the above may help in working out what's happening. Let us know what you find with your overall storage reporting, and the community may be able to further assist.

Take care.

Health taking 29.95 petabytes?!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.