Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Adding email account

For some reason which I can’t remember I recently had to re-add my main email account to my iPhone. Since then I don’t have the facility to limit the tim emails stay on display. It’s not a problem on other accounts I have. I’ve obviously done something wrong somewhere - any guidance please?

iPhone 8, iOS 13

Posted on Sep 18, 2020 12:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2020 8:31 AM

Hi Teeaitch,

Thanks for posting. Email is definitely important! It sounds like you're having some issues after re-adding an account. We'd like to learn more about what's happening to see how we can offer assistance.

For clarification, are you referring to the length of time that a mail notification stays onscreen, or something else?

If you're referring to notifications and the issue is only happening with one of your accounts, try tapping Settings > Mail > Notifications. Then, tap the account in question. Which "Alerts" do you have selected? Also, under "Banner Style," you might try setting it to Persistent to see if that helps: Use notifications on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Feel free to reply back here if needed.

Cheers.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 22, 2020 8:31 AM in response to Teeaitch

Hi Teeaitch,

Thanks for posting. Email is definitely important! It sounds like you're having some issues after re-adding an account. We'd like to learn more about what's happening to see how we can offer assistance.

For clarification, are you referring to the length of time that a mail notification stays onscreen, or something else?

If you're referring to notifications and the issue is only happening with one of your accounts, try tapping Settings > Mail > Notifications. Then, tap the account in question. Which "Alerts" do you have selected? Also, under "Banner Style," you might try setting it to Persistent to see if that helps: Use notifications on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Feel free to reply back here if needed.

Cheers.

Adding email account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.