Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WIFI Failure IOS14

I loaded IOS 14 yesterday and all was Ok on my Iphone Xs

This morning I got wifi "fan" indicator showing im connectd but when I try Safari or email or any wifi activity, i get nothing.

I use the E-sim and i am in a country that does not use it so my data is unavailable.

I did Network reset but reluctant to go all the way for total erase\reset. i am sure this must be something in the OS that I installed yesterday which caused the problem. previous IOS version worked fine and I should have waited for user comments !

Can anybody a

iPhone XS, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 18, 2020 12:56 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Sep 22, 2020 8:59 AM in response to CononJP

CononJP,

It sounds like your device is showing that you are connected to your Internet but when you try to load internet based content you don't see the behavior that supports your device being connected to the Internet.

1. If safari displays a blank page refer to: If Safari displays a blank page or quits on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
  2. Please note the information in: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network Specifically the section that states: "If you're connected to a Wi-Fi network but you can’t get online, try to use your Wi-Fi network on other devices. If you can’t get online using your other devices, there might be a service outage. Call your cable company or internet provider for help."

If the Above resources did not resolve the issue, we recommend:

1. Tap Settings > Wi-Fi and locate the Wi-Fi network to which you're connected.
  2. Tap and select "Forget this Network". Please note: you will need your Wi-Fi password to reconnect to this network.
  3. Search for the network that you want to connect to and enter your password to reconnect.
  4. Consider reaching out to your Internet service provider for further recommendations.

We appreciate you reaching out to Apple Support Communities. Be well!

WIFI Failure IOS14

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.