Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Target Display Mode between 2 iMacs

Hi - i have a iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, Late 2015) Intel Iris Pro Graphics 6200 1536 MB running Catalina wanting to use TDM on a iMac (21.5-inch, Mid2011) AMD Radeon HD 6750M 512 MB Mid 2011 running High Sierra

I have had it working twice with an apple genuine Thunderbolt Cable - but don't understand that it wont work each time i am selecting command f2 on 2011 iMac, the first time it worked was when i just plugged in the cable - then it wouldnt repeat. Lots of tries again, after restarts and shut downs, the last time i got it to work was after selecting Lock Screen on 2011 and command f2

any ideas...

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Sep 18, 2020 5:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 18, 2020 5:55 AM

Carefully read over the last 2 paragraphs of > Use your iMac as a display with target display mode - Apple Support to see if anything there helps...

1 reply

Target Display Mode between 2 iMacs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.