Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 14 widget removed apps from screen

I added the calendar widget (large one) in iOS 14 to my Home Screen and now all the apps that were on that screen are no longer visible on any screen and the only way I can find them is to search for each app. How do I bring these apps back so I don’t have to search for them to find them?

iPhone XS Max

Posted on Sep 18, 2020 7:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2020 8:09 AM

"And it does simply move items to an alternate screen."

Wrong. Confirmed by the fact that every one of those apps included the "Add to Home Screen" option when I long-pressed the icon in the App Library.

You're also wrong about this being trivial. Each app must be added to the home screen individually from the App Library. Doing that over and over, and then rearranging them into folders was time consuming. If your time isn't valuable, then this would be trivial for you. My time is valuable.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 24, 2020 8:09 AM in response to Kilgore-Trout

"And it does simply move items to an alternate screen."

Wrong. Confirmed by the fact that every one of those apps included the "Add to Home Screen" option when I long-pressed the icon in the App Library.

You're also wrong about this being trivial. Each app must be added to the home screen individually from the App Library. Doing that over and over, and then rearranging them into folders was time consuming. If your time isn't valuable, then this would be trivial for you. My time is valuable.

Sep 20, 2020 12:29 PM in response to pirouzn

This happened to me, too. iOS 14 doesn't move them to another page, it removes them from your home page and to get them back, you have to search for them in the App Library. If they were in folders, you'll have to restore all of them to your home page and recreate the folders.

By the way, if you rearrange your apps and folders, iOS will sometimes fill in the spaces by selecting apps at random, some of which may be take out of folders, to insert. I wouldn't have believed it had I not seen it. I want to downgrade to iOS 13.

Sep 22, 2020 12:48 PM in response to pirouzn

Something similar happened to me. Tried adding the large calendar widget to side panel where widgets used to live. Accidentally dragged it to my main home screen and next thing I knew all apps that were in folders or stored solely in my Library were taken out and moved to my home screen as standalone icons. Didn't feel like it was worth restoring from a backup made last night so just reorganized everything. That's happened a few times but not to this extent where I was required to reorganize EVERYTHING on my phone. Seems like this was a bug in the beta periods a couple months ago based on reddit—how has this not been fixed yet?

iOS 14 widget removed apps from screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.