Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to change weather app location on iPad

My Weather App previews the wrong location in the Smart Stack widget. I have changed my location services settings and deleted the weather for Seattle but it keeps coming back every time I click thru the widget into the app.

See attached below, it keeps trying to add this location.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on Sep 18, 2020 8:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 18, 2020 8:11 AM

The widget shows the time/weather etc. for some city you have used previously, I suppose (Seattle, in your case ). You can of course change/edit this.

1. Long-press the Weather Widget, available on your iPhone or iPad Home Screen.

2. Tap on Edit Widget. Or, “Edit Weather” if you’re editing the Weather location in a Smart Stack.

3. You can either let your iPhone determine your current location, or tap on the Location field to manually input the desired location.

4. Search for a specific location, or select a predefined one available in the drop-down list.

5. Tap on an empty space on the screen, outside the Weather widget to get back to the Home Screen and save your selection.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 18, 2020 8:11 AM in response to NaviMatt

The widget shows the time/weather etc. for some city you have used previously, I suppose (Seattle, in your case ). You can of course change/edit this.

1. Long-press the Weather Widget, available on your iPhone or iPad Home Screen.

2. Tap on Edit Widget. Or, “Edit Weather” if you’re editing the Weather location in a Smart Stack.

3. You can either let your iPhone determine your current location, or tap on the Location field to manually input the desired location.

4. Search for a specific location, or select a predefined one available in the drop-down list.

5. Tap on an empty space on the screen, outside the Weather widget to get back to the Home Screen and save your selection.

Sep 21, 2020 4:48 AM in response to NaviMatt

I had the same problem, this is how you can fix it:

• Inside the weather app, ensure your preferred or primary location for weather is at the top of your list of all locations. You can remove old locations at this time if you want or place them at the bottom of the list.
  • In location services, allow the weather app to use your location while using the app and widgets.
  • Once both of the above are fixed, you will notice the problem still exists, do a hard restart of the phone and the weather app in the widget will be corrected.

How to change weather app location on iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.