Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I copied several Icloud photos to personal computer, if I delete these, will they be deleted from my icloud?

I copied several Icloud photos to personal computer, if I delete these, will they be deleted from my icloud?

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Sep 18, 2020 8:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 18, 2020 6:28 PM

If the photos are residing solely on the computer, then if you delete them (from the computer), then no, they would not be deleted from iCloud. However, if they were in iCloud on the computer and you deleted them, then yes, they would be deleted in iCloud as well as the computer. Hopefully that makes sense.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 18, 2020 6:28 PM in response to lcgorman

If the photos are residing solely on the computer, then if you delete them (from the computer), then no, they would not be deleted from iCloud. However, if they were in iCloud on the computer and you deleted them, then yes, they would be deleted in iCloud as well as the computer. Hopefully that makes sense.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.