Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Attachments Instead of Embedded Pictures using IOS 14 Mail

I installed the latest software update today for XR and now when emailing pictures via the photos app, it embeds them into the message on Outlook. Before, they would be emailed as individual attachments which was MUCH easier to work with and save.

How can I change this?

Thanks

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 18, 2020 10:25 AM

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Nov 3, 2020 1:12 PM in response to cradprat In response to cradprat

I’m having this exact same issue after I updated. Would really like to

figure out a fix. Rather not change my mail app for this. I use this for work a lot, and rather not have to add extra steps to send out my photos. I need them as attachments and not embedded.

Nov 3, 2020 1:12 PM

Reply Helpful

Nov 7, 2020 1:06 PM in response to cubsfanbudman In response to cubsfanbudman

Not sure if it's the same situation but I could use some help.

I'm running 10.15.7...Most attachments I send in texts get linked together, so instead of sending 1 photo or gif attachment I end up sending 7 or 8 attachments of previously sent stuff. I can't separate them and send just one. I'm specifically talking about texting, no email involved. But if it helps to know, I use Gmail.

Thank you to whomever has the answer!

Nov 7, 2020 1:06 PM

Reply Helpful

Nov 13, 2020 1:15 PM in response to cubsfanbudman In response to cubsfanbudman

I have a work around. It's not good, but it's better than Outlook for IOS. You can send a text message to an email account. Select the photos like you normally would but use the text app instead of the mail app. If it's only a couple of photos, you'll get the email with the photos as attachments. If it's a lot of photos, it'll upload the photos to ICloud and you'll get the email link to be able to download them. The download is a zip file with all of the photos. It's not perfect, but it works.

The first time I tried this, my work mail server blocked the messages from coming in. They were flag as potential spam. I was able to get my address listed as trusted. the second test came through in no time. All of the text messages you send to an email account will be from the email address "your phone number"@"your carriers id".com.

I hope this helps. If not, we'll need someone to create a bot to submit feedback on this at an annoying rate.

Nov 13, 2020 1:15 PM

Reply Helpful (4)
User profile for user: cubsfanbudman

Question: Attachments Instead of Embedded Pictures using IOS 14 Mail