Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Face ID Set up is taking forever to finalize

Hi I would like to ask why is it its taking forever to set up my Face ID? I always take my time whenever setting up and also it always appear for Move Iphone Higher or Lower.

Posted on Sep 18, 2020 2:41 PM

3 replies

Sep 23, 2020 5:55 PM in response to ezekielsal

Hey ezekielsal,

Thanks for the update. Let's see if you can still use Portrait mode on your iPhone. If it does not work you may need to have the iPhone evaluated for service.

1. "Open the Camera app and swipe to Portrait mode.
  2. Follow the tips on your screen. When Portrait mode is ready, the name of the lighting effect, such as Natural Light, turns yellow.

3. Tap the shutter button .

The Camera app lets you know when you're too close, too far away, or if the area is too dark. You can also use True Tone flash, set a timer, and apply filters. After you take a photo, you can use the built-in editing features to do things like crop and auto-enhance."

Use Portrait mode on your iPhone

Have a good one.

Sep 23, 2020 9:13 AM in response to ezekielsal

Hi ezekielsal,

Thank you for contacting Apple Support Communities. Based on what you stated, it seems like there is trouble getting it finish setting up on the iPhone. We would recommend you use this article to help troubleshoot the issue.

Are other apps still responding?

Does the camera work in other apps?

If Face ID isn't working on your iPhone or iPad Pro

Please don't hesitate to let us know if the steps resolved your issue or if you need additional assistance.

Cheers.

Face ID Set up is taking forever to finalize

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.