Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

assign window to specific space

1) Is there a way to force a program to open on specific monitor when you open it? I don't see that option anymore, having switched to High Sierra.

2) Tell a window inside a program, for ex: Premiere 2017 (2017.1.2 11.1.2 (22) build), to open in the same spot each time, or at least on the same monitor? Every time I open a folder within Premiere, it opens to the FAR BOTTOM LEFT CORNER, which becomes extremely frustrating since I'm only working off the right monitor.

3) Is there a way to permanently "right size all column individually" so I don't have to constantly adjust windows being always too narrow or too wide?

thanks!

-zz

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Sep 18, 2020 2:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 18, 2020 3:24 PM

Assign an App to a Specific Desktop Space

When you want to assign an application to a specific desktop space, rather than to all of them:

Go to the desktop space where you want the application to appear. If it isn't the current desktop you are using, open Mission Control and click the desired desktop space in the Spaces bar near the top of the screen.

Right-click the Dock icon of the application you want to assign to the current desktop space.

From the pop-up menu, select Options.

The Doc menu for a Mac app

Click This Desktop in the submenu.

Selecting This Desktop from Doc menu on Mac

Assigning apps to specific spaces or to all spaces can help you keep a tidy desktop, and create a better workflow.

https://www.lifewire.com/assign-mac-apps-to-open-in-specific-desktop-space-2260812

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 18, 2020 3:24 PM in response to hirezach

Assign an App to a Specific Desktop Space

When you want to assign an application to a specific desktop space, rather than to all of them:

Go to the desktop space where you want the application to appear. If it isn't the current desktop you are using, open Mission Control and click the desired desktop space in the Spaces bar near the top of the screen.

Right-click the Dock icon of the application you want to assign to the current desktop space.

From the pop-up menu, select Options.

The Doc menu for a Mac app

Click This Desktop in the submenu.

Selecting This Desktop from Doc menu on Mac

Assigning apps to specific spaces or to all spaces can help you keep a tidy desktop, and create a better workflow.

https://www.lifewire.com/assign-mac-apps-to-open-in-specific-desktop-space-2260812

assign window to specific space

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.