Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App with Apple's color palette.

Hi everyone,

Is there an independent app that has all the colors displayed in Apple's color palette used for apps like Pages and Keynote?

Thank you in advance.

Mac Pro

Posted on Sep 18, 2020 3:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2020 6:09 PM

It is as simple as copy/pasting the following (free) AppleScript code into the Script Editor, and running it:

use scripting additions

choose color
return

But this won't help in transferring selected colors to Pages, or Keynote, because it is not an integrated color picker to those applications, where the color return value would be applied to selected text.

17 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 19, 2020 6:09 PM in response to Old Toad

It is as simple as copy/pasting the following (free) AppleScript code into the Script Editor, and running it:

use scripting additions

choose color
return

But this won't help in transferring selected colors to Pages, or Keynote, because it is not an integrated color picker to those applications, where the color return value would be applied to selected text.

Sep 19, 2020 1:34 PM in response to apple_customer

Pages and Keynote have an integrated color picker that returns a selected color to those applications. A standalone color picker cannot do that.

You select the color of choice in the Apple Color picker's Pencil palette, then switch to the color sliders palette, and choose RGB sliders. The previously selected pencil color will be shown in RGB, and hex colors.

Sep 19, 2020 1:19 PM in response to Meg The Dog

I like the Apple color menu above as it displays different color palettes including the crayon option, which is one of my favorites. However, the Apple color menu is only displayed inside Apple apps (Keynote, Pages, ...) and can't be displayed as a standalone app (at least not to my knowledge). Another shortcoming I see is the absence of RGB and Hexadecimal values for the selected colors. As I pick a crayon the color value (RGB and Hexadecimal) is not displayed.

With this in mind, is there an app that displays the same colors (or more) as those in the Apple color menu and also shows the values for each color?

Thank you in advance.

Sep 20, 2020 7:53 PM in response to VikingOSX

Thank you everyone for your answers and recommendations.

VikingOSX I tried what you recommend above and it worked fine. Thank you for sharing it.

I did search the App Store and found an app named Pastel that has Apple color palettes (including crayons) with both the RGB and Hexadecimal values. In case anyone finds another one they consider to be more useful than Pastel please share it.

Thank you again for your help.

App with Apple's color palette.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.