Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone wont connect with my Mac unless I upgrade y MacOS, which I dont want to do. Work around?

My iPhone wont connect with my Mac unless I upgrade y MacOS, which I dont want to do. Work around?

iMac 21.5″ 4K, macOS 10.13

Posted on Sep 18, 2020 3:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2020 3:20 AM

It caught a number of us by surprise when that little update came out some time ago. There were other discussions about it here in the forums so that’s how I knew about it. I swear that there is an Apple kb article about it somewhere, but I haven’t been able to find it in months.

Anyway, I’m glad that you took the leap of faith, downloaded the software and that things are working for you now.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 19, 2020 3:20 AM in response to kaiulani177

It caught a number of us by surprise when that little update came out some time ago. There were other discussions about it here in the forums so that’s how I knew about it. I swear that there is an Apple kb article about it somewhere, but I haven’t been able to find it in months.

Anyway, I’m glad that you took the leap of faith, downloaded the software and that things are working for you now.

Sep 18, 2020 4:02 PM in response to kaiulani177

You haven’t told us what iOS your device is running and what OS the Mac is running. I can tell you that my iPhone XR and iPad Air 3, both running iOS 14, sync with my MBP running El Capitan 10.11.6 and iTunes 12.8. Those are the minimum require to to sync an iOS 14 device with a Mac.

Syncing to a Mac or PC requires:

• macOS Catalina 10.15 using the Finder
  • macOS El Capitan 10.11.6 through macOS Mojave 10.14.6 using iTunes 12.8 or later
  • Windows 7 or later using iTunes 12.10 or later (free download from itunes.com/download)

Sep 18, 2020 6:51 PM in response to kaiulani177

Interesting, when I looked the error message up in apple support, it said I had to upgrade my MacOS. So when you said it was only an iTunes update, I took the leap. The scary thing is that during the whole download/install process, it never once tells you what is being downloaded or installed. Nothing ever even showed up in my downloads folder, it just went ahead and installed without a choice of cancelling. It worked! Thank you for taking the time. I would not have clicked on install without you.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.