Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone can't connect to my iMac, how to fix?

My iPhone SE (2nd gen.) is operating 16.1.1 version and iMac on Monterrey, 12.6.1 —Everything is up to date but I can't connect my phone to my Mac even though I have rebooted both devices. Do I have to upgrade to Ventura when I would rather not? Thanks in advance for your help.

iMac 27″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Nov 19, 2022 10:49 PM

13 replies

Nov 20, 2022 6:58 AM in response to Nick_the_other_one

Ah good work there 👍

Sorry to say have seen this issue when iOS 15 was first released and again has occurred with the iOS 16.

To this the work involved on the user part may require installing Xcode application from Apple. At least that is what a much More Learned Colleague on these Forums has discovered.

That should not be required IMHO .

Apple Should be pushed to fix this issue without Jumping the User through unnecessary Hoops

In the meantime, suggestion below

1 - Get Support Choose a product and we’ll find you the best solution.Start now and open an Apple Support Ticket as they are Apple Employees to deal will these types of issues. 

If enough Users log this issue Directly with Apple, just maybe it will get the attention is deserves

2 - Product Feedback - Apple and make it known to Apple regarding this ongoing issue 

All said and done, will attempt to find that specific Thread regarding Xcode and if found will post back here with a Link

Nov 20, 2022 6:41 AM in response to Nick_the_other_one

The update in this specific question is an Apple Helper Application needed to allow the new IOS Device to communicate with the Computer on Monterey

Illustration of what has appeared in my 2 Apple Computers both while running Monterey 12.6.1 and Ventura running Ventura 13.0.1

And No, no one is stupid but perhaps the explanations from self were not clear enough. For this I am 😔

Refer to below

Nov 20, 2022 7:22 AM in response to Nick_the_other_one

Have found another Off Site suggestion.

The link is below

Fix the 'Software Update Is Required to Connect to Your iPhone' Warning on Your Mac

And refer to section entitled

Installing the Xcode Beta on Your Mac and if f going this Route use the Full Release Version of Xcode not the Beta

I have not required doing this, so be sure to TM Backup the machine before moving forwards

My iPhone can't connect to my iMac, how to fix?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.