Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I AM USING CATALINA ON MY 2019 MacBook Pro. NOW I AM TOLD I CAN'T CONNECT MY IPHONE 2020 TO MY LAPTOP WITHOUT UPDATING THE OS. THIS MAKES ME VERY NERVOUS. WHAT SHOULD I DO?

I AM USING CATALINA ON MY 2019 MacBook Pro.

NOW I AM TOLD I CAN'T CONNECT MY IPHONE 2020 SE TO MY LAPTOP WITHOUT UPDATING THE OS.

THIS MAKES ME VERY NERVOUS. WHAT SHOULD I DO?

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Feb 12, 2023 11:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 12, 2023 12:02 PM

You may need to update the software on your Mac in order for it to recognise your iOS device

Click Install to download and install the software so your Mac can update or sync your iOS device.

It is just a small patch for macOS.

You won't notice that update by the way, it only lasted 5 minutes or so.

The Mac remains 10.15.7 and the iPhone remains iOS 16.3.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 12, 2023 12:02 PM in response to ISTHATAONE

You may need to update the software on your Mac in order for it to recognise your iOS device

Click Install to download and install the software so your Mac can update or sync your iOS device.

It is just a small patch for macOS.

You won't notice that update by the way, it only lasted 5 minutes or so.

The Mac remains 10.15.7 and the iPhone remains iOS 16.3.

I AM USING CATALINA ON MY 2019 MacBook Pro. NOW I AM TOLD I CAN'T CONNECT MY IPHONE 2020 TO MY LAPTOP WITHOUT UPDATING THE OS. THIS MAKES ME VERY NERVOUS. WHAT SHOULD I DO?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.