Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sharing music with family

My 13 year old son purchased some music from iTunes (on my credit card) that I would also like to have, I went into Family Sharing, but see now way to have him shar the music with me. We tried a few things and nothing is working. It seems like I should be able to enjoy the music I paid for, doesn't it?

iPhone XS

Posted on Sep 18, 2020 4:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 18, 2020 6:18 PM

According to the ":Share purchases with the whole family section in:

What is Family Sharing? - Apple Support

When you set up purchase sharing, the songs, albums, movies, TV shows, books, and apps purchased by family members are immediately available to everyone else in the group. So are new purchases. The content automatically appears in the Purchased page in the App Store, the iTunes Store, or Apple Books for each family member. Just select the family member whose collection you’d like to browse, then download or play the content you choose. Other family members can access your collection in the same way. If you want to keep some purchases private, you can choose to hide individual items or choose not to share your purchases in your Family Sharing settings. All new App Store, music, movie, TV, and book purchases made by your family are billed to the organizer's account. Learn more about how purchase sharing works and what you can share with your family.

See the "Check your purchase sharing settings" section in:

Family purchases and payments - Apple Support

for more info.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 18, 2020 6:18 PM in response to LenkaPenka72

According to the ":Share purchases with the whole family section in:

What is Family Sharing? - Apple Support

When you set up purchase sharing, the songs, albums, movies, TV shows, books, and apps purchased by family members are immediately available to everyone else in the group. So are new purchases. The content automatically appears in the Purchased page in the App Store, the iTunes Store, or Apple Books for each family member. Just select the family member whose collection you’d like to browse, then download or play the content you choose. Other family members can access your collection in the same way. If you want to keep some purchases private, you can choose to hide individual items or choose not to share your purchases in your Family Sharing settings. All new App Store, music, movie, TV, and book purchases made by your family are billed to the organizer's account. Learn more about how purchase sharing works and what you can share with your family.

See the "Check your purchase sharing settings" section in:

Family purchases and payments - Apple Support

for more info.

Sharing music with family

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.