Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I fix a corrupted photo library?

I have several photo libraries. Some of them have missing original files. Some of them have been corrupted. I want to know what to do to clean up all my libraries?

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 18, 2020 6:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2020 6:12 AM

What has caused the corruption?

Sometimes a corruption can be fixed by repairing the library, for example permission issues, or if Photos crashed ( Repair the library). But if you used cleaning applications on the library, that removed originals or kept the library in a synced cloud storage like Dropbox or similar, the repair is unlikely to be able to fix this the damage. Do you have backups if your Photos Libraries?

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 19, 2020 6:12 AM in response to TallGreenTrees-Support

What has caused the corruption?

Sometimes a corruption can be fixed by repairing the library, for example permission issues, or if Photos crashed ( Repair the library). But if you used cleaning applications on the library, that removed originals or kept the library in a synced cloud storage like Dropbox or similar, the repair is unlikely to be able to fix this the damage. Do you have backups if your Photos Libraries?

How do I fix a corrupted photo library?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.