Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 6s Plus won’t update to iOS 14 and I have enough space and have check everything I can think of

When trying to download iOS 14 on my iPhone 6s Plus I received an error saying cannot install iOS 14

Posted on Sep 18, 2020 9:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2020 7:54 AM

You have an iPhone 6 Plus according to your screenshot above. You also have iOS version 12.4.8 installed. Your iPhone 6 Plus has the latest version of iOS that it is capable of running.

To get to iOS versions 13 and above, you will need a newer iPhone meaning an iPhone 6s or newer.

Axel F.

46 replies

Oct 8, 2020 5:59 PM in response to Chavititito

Tried everything 20x now. It’s same error every time.

How much free room is needed on phone?

on my iPhone it says 57.6gb of 128 Used.

if I plug into windows laptop with iTunes on it’s says Driver not installed. iTunes is waiting for Windows Update to install the driver for this phone. You may have to use Windows settings app to check for updates.

serial number: n/a

eject iPhone is in a box. I click on it and it ends iTunes from finding the cell phone picture that is to the right of the up/down arrows that allow you to pick music, movies, etc.

my Mactop doesn’t work as battery stopped working so I cannot use a Mac to update this iPhone.

My iPhone 6s Plus won’t update to iOS 14 and I have enough space and have check everything I can think of

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.