Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 14 bad snapchat camera quality

snapchat makes my pictures more white it started when i uodated to iOS 14

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 19, 2020 5:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2020 6:14 AM

Thank god I’m not alone cause it’s been driving me crazy. I’ve been uninstalling the app multiple times, trying the beta version as well. Hate that it’s so bright. Snapchat needs to fix it asap. It’s literally my go too app. & this is only after I’ve updated to iOS14

56 replies

Dec 31, 2020 7:10 AM in response to Dogcow-Moof

Once again, Apple needs to address this, not Snapchat. - https://discussions.apple.com/thread/251976815

I wish you guys would stop turning a blind eye to legitimate issues and concerns being brought up by customers. I know it's easy to say "Oh it's Snapchat." But why not actually dig a little deeper into all these threads that are popping up and seeing where this is actually happening on the native camera app as well before giving your stock response that it's not Apples fault.

I understand there's so many different variables with phones, etc. . . and at first I thought it was only Snapchat, Facebook, Instagram. Until I actually went into my native camera app and found what is being discussed in the thread I linked. This is a bigger issue than any one particular app and it would be greatly appreciated if people would stop acting like it's a non issue.

Sep 23, 2020 2:42 PM in response to lilka08

Honestly Speaking! I got angered by it so so much I was furious as ****,as it ruined the iPhone camera quality prestige,however its all okayy in the default camera and cameras of Instagram etc.but its only Snapchat messing up and Its so annoying can even explain,this problem needs to get fixed asap we should all contact snapchat and Apple consistently as this is unbearable we had greater expectations from iOs 14,snapchat’s now like clicking a photo from an average or low cost phone!

Sep 25, 2020 9:07 AM in response to CourtCham123

snapchat needed the update their software for the new iOS update

For the benefit of those who come to this conversation.

It was said 5 days ago that Snapchat needed to update their app for iOS 14. It was the 2nd post and was within the same day of the original post.

Please read the conversation thoroughly before adding a "me too".

Not everything is Apple's fault. When Apple updates the underlying iOS, it is entirely the app developer's responsibility to be compatible with that update. They know this.

Most do an excellent job of releasing their app updates in a timely manner.

You should always check with the app developer for an update before blaming Apple and demanding they fix what is not their job to fix.

Oct 4, 2020 10:06 AM in response to lilka08

this isn’t exactly the same issue I’m having but is anyone experiencing where they take a video with flash front facing camera on Snapchat and when you post it’s very pixelated and blurry? Sometimes I won’t be using flash and it still isn’t the best quality before I installed the update it was never doing that. Please respond if the same thing is happening to you

Oct 15, 2020 7:07 PM in response to lilka08

I have been having the same problem for about two weeks now! I have an iPhone 8 Plus though but my camera quality was always good so I don’t think it’s my phone either I also have Apple care so I even got a new one and it still has the same problem unfortunately. I think it’s on Snapchat’s end.. I’m so glad I found someone else who is having the same problem I thought it was just me!

Nov 17, 2020 6:38 PM in response to sheetal260

sheetal260 wrote:

i just bought a new Mac air and the camera is so bad, considering that these are being used for school and work, almost $2500 is unbelievably negligent of apple. Not the quality one expects at all.

The camera for that Mac, and all current Macbooks, is only a 720p webcam. You should not compare it with the latest iPhones.

Nobody buys a Mac, or any laptop for that matter, for it's built in camera.

There is nothing negligent about offering a webcam level camera in a Mac.

And this conversation is about an iPhone and iOS, not Mac.

Dec 31, 2020 7:28 AM in response to dabierwasgood

First, and perhaps most importantly, you are not talking to Apple. Everyone here is an Apple user, just like you.

That having been said I read comments that the Camera app's photos are poor, and I just don't see it. I see some of the best photos I've ever taken with an iPhone coming out of my iPhone 12 Pro Max. I don't doubt that there might be some difference that makes photos worse for some, but I haven't seen it.

The Snapchat issue has been true since iOS 14 was released, and there are several comments stating that Camera app photos are fine but Snapchat photos are not - which points to their app.

iOS 14 bad snapchat camera quality

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.