Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone freezes when connecting to Apple Watch

Hi,

I’ve had my Apple Watch Series 5 for 2 months already. After updating my iPhone 11 Pro Max to iOS 14 the other day, I noticed my Fitness details aren’t syncing. So I decided to do a reset. Every time I try to pair, I’m stuck here.

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 19, 2020 9:01 AM

1 reply

Sep 23, 2020 4:40 PM in response to OfficialJoshua

Greetings Joshua,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities! It seems you're unable to pair your Apple Watch with your iPhone.

After a few unsuccessful pairing attempts, test after restarting both devices and your router.

On your iPhone, tap Settings > General > iPhone Storage, and check for an Apple Watch software update, and delete it if one is found. Then try to pair again.

Additionally, test after deleting and reinstalling the Watch app, and test after updating watchOS:

"Update directly on your Apple Watch

If your Apple Watch has watchOS 6 or later, you can install subsequent updates without your iPhone:

1. Make sure that your watch is connected to Wi-Fi.
  2. On your watch, open the Settings app.
  3. Tap General > Software Update.
  4. Tap Install if a software update is available, then follow the onscreen instructions."

If the issue persists, reset the network settings on your iPhone, or test while connected to a different network: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network - Apple Support

"Reset your Network Settings. Tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you’ve used before."

If the issue continues, reach out to Apple Support for further assistance: Get Support

Kind regards.

iPhone freezes when connecting to Apple Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.