Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple deleted my 1st post. 2nd attempt..

Why is my iPhone using 27gb of my storage. Brand new iPhone 11 max Pro 256gb hundred and change of pics. I use pCloud, don’t care for iCloud but I had same issue with my old iPhone 8’s pro, didn’t really investigate just went and bought new phone bc I wouldn’t let me update or even back up my phone to a point where now I can’t even get rid of it bc I can’t get everything off it. I have Mac book and pc both with new current iTunes on them tried doing back ups with both left plugged in for days and after day or two they would error code and freeze up. I have 18,000 photos so I thought this was the issue. Got a new phone then everything seemed to work. It’s been a month and I get iPhone storage full and I thought WHAT HOW?! I specicailly asked for largest storage capacity an I haven’t really taken any duck face selfies. So I start looking into the issue an find out the podcasts were using almost 100gb so I deleted that tight away and still 10mins later nothing changes so I figure well it must need some time to offload (giving apple benefit of doubt) that was a week ago. So I dive back in today and see this “other” catigory and the size. I’ll include screen shots. I do a google search to see how much storage an android phone uses and come across this feed on apple support dating back to 2017-2018?! 2yrs this issue has been going on for and apple locked the thread and never once commented on it. I am so angry right now I wish I had a platform large enough to bring this to light. Now can apple censor us like that. Not to mention continue to sell a 1500$ plus phone that has an issue but they choose not to Recognize or Rectify. Apologize for grammar misspellings I was parked in gas station very angry and trying to type this out fast.. please can some one help or provide an answer, also I will include links to original thread where u can see apple edited posts and eventually locked the thread I believe last post was about year ago. I tried to post there but I was not able to.. again I appoligoze for grammar errors it may be confusing as I just thumbed this out with anger in a hurry.

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Sep 19, 2020 10:29 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

Sep 19, 2020 10:45 AM in response to RottenwWorms

Welcome, RottenwWorms, to Apple Support Communities!

Look at Settings->General->iPhone storage. That gives you some options to reduce storage consumption.

Please see How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support.

In addition to the above, you will, almost certainly, need to follow the instructions in the document Clear Other storage on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support, which Axel Foley shared, including making sure your iOS is up to date (13.7 or 14).

Please let us know how this all goes for you, or if you need any additional help!

Apple deleted my 1st post. 2nd attempt..

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.