Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 8 Plus iOS 14 issues

iphone 8 plus is heating up much while charging also slow charging after the ios 14 update. also, some new ios 14 features are not working on iphone 8 plus like the mirroring option in camera settings is not there and also the new update to messages and the new memojis not there as well

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on Sep 19, 2020 1:36 PM

20 replies

Sep 24, 2020 8:18 AM in response to nuttykimo

My wife and I both have a iPhone 6s and both started heating up and not charging or very slowly charging just since the update. This is only when we charge the phones by plugging into our work computers, and we both have off-brand charging cables. Is your cable an apple product? I'm wondering if they are somehow incapacitating the off brand charging cables? I can still use it to import pictures but it won't charge and heats up.

Oct 17, 2020 1:24 PM in response to nuttykimo

The problem with my oPhone 8 Plus is worse than that. Every few hours I have to hard reboot my phone. Many apps will work normal for maybe 10 or 15 minutes and then they’ll either freeze or turn off. Take the Fox News app. It’ll work fine for a while. Then the scrolling begins to slow. Then the scrolling freezes. Then the entire app freezes. The Fox app is the worst. It just froze up. So I hard rebooted. After it restarted and my WiFi hooked up, I tried the app. It was no better than before. And don’t get me started on the phone overheating! Ten minutes outside, in 85° weather, and the phone is HOT and the screen dims so much I can barely tell that the phone is even on. And this is IN THE SHADE!! For me, iOS 14, and 14.0.1 updates have been nothing but ONE HUGE MISTAKE!

iPhone 8 Plus iOS 14 issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.